Thursday, September 30, 2010

Staying strong

So far it's been another good day. This week is going much better than last week, even despite the fact that I got a bad result in my statistics exam and I was up slightly on the scale this morning. Yesterday I was 58kg and today I'm 58.2kg, which is very disappointing as I stayed well under 1000 calories yesterday... but I keep trying to remember that slight fluctuations in weight are to be expected. It's day 4 of getting back on track and I haven't given in to junkfood or binged at all, whoo!

Today:
Breakfast
- Omelette (200 cal)

Lunch
- Grapes (20 cal)
- Moroccan veggie pattie with light sour cream (190 cal)

= 410 calories

I'm working tonight so if I get hungry I'll just have an Atkins bar for dinner, and maybe a fresh fruit and vegetable juice if I feel like it. I drink 2 litres of water a day everyday (regardless of whether I'm restricting or not) so that's never been a problem for me luckily.

Another reason why I'm in such a good mood is because I've found some post-graduate courses that I'm really interested in doing after I finish my Psychology degree next year. I've been feeling fairly depressed about uni lately and haven't been motivated to do anything but now I feel like I have a bit more direction. I still have lots of research I need to do about these courses though, thankfully I still have a year to decide. Deciding what to do with your life was never meant to be easy!

Because I'm still adjusting to eating less calories I'm trying to focus on the little things such as:
- Eating slowly
- Drinking lots of water before eating and while eating
- Chewing gum
- Drinking coffee as soon as I wake up to postpone my urge to eat (it's a bad habit I have, I always used to wake up and instantly want to eat carbs... BAD)
- Filling up on protein as opposed to carbs (I'm a vegetarian so sometimes this can be a struggle)
- Planning out small, healthy portions of food so that I don't overeat, don't make unhealthy choices and don't go over my calorie limit

These things are helping me a lot, so that's my focus for the next week or so!

I keep saying to myself "eat to live, don't live to eat". It seems to help. I feel like I used to live to eat, mainly because my family and boyfriend are all so food oriented. Man it's annoying! Anyone else find that everyone around them is like that? And why is it that so many social situations revolve around consuming calories? It's an obstacle, but I'm up for the challenge!

Hope you're all having a successful day,
Stay strong!




No comments:

Post a Comment